*A perfect appetizer for summertime.
Preparation time: 20 min
Cooking time: 20 min
– 250 ml (1 cup) orange juice
– 10 ml (2 teaspoons) whole-grain mustard
– 30 ml (2 tablespoons) balsamic vinegar
– 16 large scallops, patted dry
– 45 ml (3 tablespoons) butter
– 500 ml (2 cups) pea sprouts
– 2 navel oranges, peeled and cut into supremes (segments without membranes)
– Salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 100°C (200°F).
2. In a saucepan, bring the orange juice to a boil. Reduce until 125 ml (1/2 cup) of liquid remains, about 5 minutes. Add the mustard and vinegar. Set aside.
3. In a large non-stick pan, brown the scallops in the butter over high heat, about 2 minutes per side. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer the scallops to a plate and keep warm in the oven.
4. Over low heat, deglaze the hot pan with the reserved juice mixture.
5. Arrange the scallops, sprouts and orange segments on 4 plates. Drizzle with the sauce.
* Taken from: http://www.ricardocuisine.com