Protecting Our Resources for Tomorrow – Sustainability
Natural and human activities have an impact on our ocean habitat. As stewards in maintaining a healthy, resilient ecosystem, Comeau’s Sea Foods Limited. strives to operate in a responsible manner while minimizing environmental impact.
“Our ultimate goal as a company is to service current demands while ensuring that future generations will have the ability to enjoy a healthy ocean habitat as a rich source of food.”
Comeau’s Sea Foods Limited. began in 1946 as a family business. Our long term objectives are community and value based, while focusing on overall long term viability. We see our role as protecting oceans and ocean habitat while maintaining commercial growth and success.
We continue to seek excellence in our everyday operations–whether we are processing and harvesting domestic seafood products or processing from international sources.
As a business, Comeau’s Sea Foods seeks to be recognized by its customers for product innovation, quality, reliability and flexibility in production.
As part of the community, Comeau’s Sea Foods is concerned about conservation and the sustainability of Canada’s rich ocean resources. The company is committed to responsibility in all commercial activities, in accordance with industry-standard practices for marine and coastal environments. Quality Management Program (QMP) HACCP Based is an integral part of our business strategy.
Our Guiding Principles:
- Healthy oceans are our responsibility.
- Healthy ocean habitats encompass much more than traditional species harvested.
- Our role is to ensure that while we are commercially focused, we provide long term security for our oceans, thus enabling future generations to benefit beyond purely economical viability.
- Oceans and ocean habitats are becoming increasingly important as a medium to long term source of food for our planet. It will play a key role both in the wild and aquaculture fisheries.
- We practice and support sustainable harvesting practices.
- We participate in and support research and development of new harvesting and alternate fishing technologies in order to minimize the effects on the ocean habitat.
- Government and industry currently take a much more holistic view of oceans and environmental management practices.
- We support and participate in a number of endeavours related to sustainability, traceability and environmentally sound practices.